Warehouse Receiving Person (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Warehouse/Receiving Lead Person, receives, inspects, stores, merchandise and issues supplies, materials, mail and equipment in accordance with established standards, rules, and regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Receives and processes all incoming products and store supplies.
* Inspects deliveries from vendors for damage, notes damage on delivery receipt prior to accepting and signing for deliver.
* Operates and maintains forklift.
* Operates hand held remote terminals for a sourcing and materials management system.
* Ships packages and freight. Delivers inventory and supplies to locations.
* Receives merchandise into inventory.
* Processes orders from inventory in stock.
* Maintains log of issue tickets and receiving records.
* Monitors inventory to ensure appropriate records of supplies.
* Restocks as merchandise arrives and maintains stock in an orderly manner.
* Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming goods to verify to packing slip.
* Follows up on discrepancies and inconsistencies with purchase orders.
* Protects inventory and property against shrinkage and theft.
* Participates in daily, monthly and annual inventory counts.
* Observes safety rules, and ensures and maintains a safe and orderly environment.
* May provide courier service from vendor to Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise for departments
* Keeps all warehouse and store areas clean, safe, orderly and functioning properly.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus Two (2) years experience in warehousing, inventory control, and handling stock and materials; or Certificate of completion of the Warehouse/Receiving Intern Training. Candidate must pass basic computer and math test. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of the functions, structure, and policies and procedures of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Knowledge of terminology used regarding supplies, materials, tools, and equipment.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of issuance and receipt of inventory.
* Knowledge of methods and techniques of warehouse control.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety procedures.
* Knowledge of transportation methods, agencies, and costs.
* Ability to demonstrate ability and knowledge in processing inventory transactions through an automated material management system and hand-held terminals with bar code technology.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the public and team members.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to understand computers.
* Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports.
* Ability to compare incoming deliveries against purchase orders and specifications.
* Ability to make mathematical computations.
* Ability to handle bulky and heavy stock items.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to learn technical procurement procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to pass a standard fitness test.
Work is generally performed in a warehouse setting with a moderate to high noise level as well as outdoors at maintenance sites. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields or hardhats are needed may arise. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.