|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of an Inventory Control Supervisor acquires knowledge and skills of Warehouse/Receiving operations to obtain requirements for other Warehouse/Receiving positions. Actively participates in the Tribal Development Program upon reaching six months of employment. The position is an opportunity to learn knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with Logistics and Supply Chain in Native American gaming and offers on-the-job training.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* The Warehouse/Receiving Intern will be required to achieve proficiency in principles of inventory accounting through manual or automated data processing systems; storage methods; warehouse controls for receipt and issue of inventory items; material handling techniques; logistics principles and interactions with Internal and External Guests; use of material handling equipment; and completion of the Warehouse/Receiving Intern training syllabus.
* Upon completion of six months employment, works together with Tribal Development on creating long-range training goals and objectives to help increase job knowledge and educational opportunities within the department and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham tribal member. Must pass a basic computer skills test. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of computers.
* Ability to learn from other professionals and hands on experience.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work in a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and be able to reach out and pick-up and hold small objects. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a warehouse setting with a moderate to high noise level as well as outdoors at maintenance sites. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields or hardhats are needed may arise. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.