Wardrobe Coordinator / Seamstress (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Purchasing Manager, will be responsible to do all uniform garment sewing and alterations, fittings, and record transactions as necessary for all Team Members.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains uniform inventory in the Uniform Inventory Software System, recording all uniform issuance, returns and disposal.
* Sewing and alterations using all the necessary equipment such as a commercial sewing machine, over lock machine, blind stitch machine, steam iron, scissors and rippers.
* Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and team members.
* Receives and inventory all incoming wardrobe items.
* Ensures proper distribution of wardrobe items to team members in accordance with Enterprise policies.
* Maintains wardrobe shop, working areas, machines, tools, supplies and equipment in a clean, orderly and operable manner.
* Performs uniform fittings and alterations to wardrobe items including hemming pants, replacing buttons, repairs to seams, adjusting fit.
* Replenishes stock to established par levels, place requisitions for replenishment of uniform items in the Financial Software Database and follow up on Purchase Order delivery.
* Ensures supplies are stocked as needed.
* Compiles information, completes and submits reports as needed in Excel format.
* Facilitates dry cleaning of garments.
* Maintains accurate records of all inventory including issuing and receiving receipts and records of any wardrobe items donated or destroyed according to TOGE policy and procedures.
* Communicates any payroll deductions for purchase of additional or replacement wardrobe items.
* Delivers and pickup of wardrobe items as needed.
* Performs all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
* Meets department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous experience using a sewing machine, over lock machine, blind stitch machine, steam iron, steamer, scissors, and seam rippers required. Experience using heat seal equipment preferred. Basic computer skills required, knowledge of excel preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to alter and mend garments, ability to measure and fit garments to various body types.
* Ability to make custom uniforms as needed and have knowledge of fabrics.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Basic computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team members regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team members occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.