|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Assistant Manager, maintains professional, efficient and courteous Food and Beverage operations; by greeting guests and team members, establishing a rapport with them, and giving them outstanding service and training in a professional and timely manner. Works in tandem with culinary staff to exceed guest’s expectations. Follows, understands and consistently enforces Title 4 State laws, and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise internal controls.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for training, development, and overseeing the daily operational functions of the Venue Manager Intern.
* Responsible for providing exceptional service to all guests in a friendly, efficient manner.
* Responsible for quality control and consistent presentation of items being served.
* Responsible for effective communication with Management, team members, staff and other departments.
* Responsible for attending and contribute in Supervisor\ Management meetings required to keep informed for continued growth and development.
* Ability to efficiently and effectively order from procurement system.
* Ability and knowledge to create schedules to suffice business needs.
* Maintains and organizes par levels for all product ordered.
* Maintains up to date attendance records for staff.
* Maintains self as a leader with high levels of integrity and acts in the best interest of the enterprise.
* Monitors and maintains team members time records with effective labor results.
* Assists in the daily operations in an efficient, cost effective, and labor effective manner.
* Conducts fair performance evaluations on subordinates.
* Effectively trains staff members with consistent positive results.
Page 2 of 3
Position Classification & Description
Effective March 06, 2020
* Knowledge of profit and loss statements, ability to present variances.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure outstanding service is provided for our guests.
* Recognizes that each team member is a representative of Desert Diamond Casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
* Recognizes that management has certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the casino. Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
* Builds strong cohesive team by creating an environment of teamwork and lateral service.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred plus one (1) year supervisory dining room, beverage, or food service experience; or six (6) months minimum in a Venue Manager Intern Position. Must have experience in cash handling and alcohol enforcement. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, TIPS certification in alcoholic management, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have high energy and motivated personality and encompass positive, motivating leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of dining, buffet and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Knowledge of procurement systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
- Ability to service guests in a positive and professional approachable manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Ability to lead in a team environment and cooperate with team members.
- Ability to effectively resolve guest concerns in a timely manner.* Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work stations to team members in accordance with work requirements.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Must present self with professional phone and radio etiquette.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a restaurant and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.