Uniform Room Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Purchasing Manager, will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of all uniform garment sewing and alterations, fittings, and record transactions as necessary for all Team Members. Ensures uniform inventory levels are sufficient to meet business needs. Directly supervises Uniform Room Lead Person and Wardrobe Coordinator/Seamstress.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures wardrobe shop, working areas, machines, tools, supplies and equipment in a clean, orderly and operable manner.
* Ensures supplies are stocked as needed.
* Supervise Uniform Team Members, work assignments and scheduling of product/equipment usage to maximize performance productivity.
* Supervises the receiving and processing of all incoming wardrobe items.
* Coordinate uniform inventory using the Uniform Inventory Software System, recording all uniform issuance, returns and disposal.
* Oversee sewing and alterations using all the necessary equipment such as a commercial sewing machine, over lock machine, blind stitch machine, steam iron, scissors and rippers.
* Responsible for ensuring that all Uniform Room Team Members are providing on Brand Service Excellence to all team members.
* Assist with uniform fittings and alterations to wardrobe items including hemming pants, replacing buttons, repairs to seams, adjusting fit.
* Replenishes stock to established par levels, place requisitions for replenishment of uniform items in the Financial Software Database and follow up on Purchase Order delivery.
* Process the invoicing to facilitate dry cleaning.
* Maintains accurate records of all inventory including issuing and receiving receipts and records of any wardrobe items donated or destroyed according to TOGE policy and procedures.
* Communicates any payroll deductions for purchase of additional or replacement wardrobe items.
* Delivers and pickup of wardrobe items as needed.
* Ensures Uniform Room Team Members performs all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
* Communicates pertinent information to the Purchasing Manager in order to maintain effective operation of the Uniform Room.
* Develops and maintains a standardized method in which Uniform Room tasks will be performed.
* Responsible for assisting in the recruitment, training, payroll and performance reviews of all Uniform Room Team Members.
* Provide monthly reports to Purchasing Manager and Finance Department. Compiles information, completes and submits reports as needed in Excel format.
* Act as liaison between Uniform Room and departments with Uniforms needs.
* Works with Vendors and Suppliers in a Professional Manner.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years Seamstress/Tailor experience, 2 of the 5 years must be in a supervisor/lead capacity for a casino or hotel/resort uniform room environment while providing fitting and altering services using a sewing machine, over lock machine, blind stitch machine, steam iron, steamer, scissors, and seam rippers and maintaining uniform inventory required. Experience using Invotech or Foundation Logic preferred. Basic computer skills required, knowledge of excel preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Ability to comprehend and follow senior management directions
* Ability to alter and mend garments, ability to measure and fit garments to various body types.
* Ability to make custom uniforms as needed and have knowledge of fabrics.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Working knowledge/experience of Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is a working Supervisor position who will work alongside Wardrobe Coordinator/Seamstress while performing the duties of this job, Uniform Room Supervisor regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Uniform Room Supervisor frequently is required to walk. Uniform Room Supervisor occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Uniform Room Supervisor must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.