Trainer I (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Training Manager, recommends, designs, administers, facilitates, and evaluates training and education programs that meet the overall needs of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Defines gaps between ideal and actual performance or conditions, specifies causal factors, and recommends applicable training strategies that minimize or eliminate gaps.
* Prepares objectives, defines content, and selects the sequencing of learning curricula and activities for training programs.
* Determines and utilizes the most effective instructional methods and tools.
* Selects or develops training aids, including handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer-based tutorials, and reference works.
* Evaluates effectiveness of training programs at the Level I and II stages and utilizes relevant data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
* Maintains the system of administration/records management for the purpose of tracking training for the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise team members.
* Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
* Actively maintains excellent communication with team members and contributes to a positive and professional work environment.
* Actively contributes to a team effort.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in related field plus 3 years operational experience in the field of training & development or human resource training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Certifications:
* Excellent platform skills.
* A working understanding of adult learning principles and how individuals grasp information.
* A working understanding of personal computers and related applications and software.
* Ability to recognize factors that affect and influence adult learning.
* Ability to adapt training to the needs of diverse adult learners using various modes of learning.
* Ability to identify the knowledge and skill requirements of jobs, tasks, and roles.
* Ability to define gaps between ideal and actual performance and conditions and specify casual factors influenced by training.
* Ability to develop practical frameworks that describe complex processes in understandable and usable ways.
* Ability to prepare learning objectives, define content, and select the sequence of training activities.
* Ability to prepare various written and other learning materials used in training.
* Ability to ensure that facilities, equipment, materials, participants, and other components of training are prepared and present.
* Ability to utilize presentation/platform skills that invite participation, promote the understanding of complex ideas and processes, generate feedback between the Trainer and adult learners, and generally fulfill the objectives of the training.
* Ability to present information and facilitate structured learning experiences so that individuals learn.
* Ability to manage group discussions and processes so that individuals learn.
* Ability to assist individuals in transferring learning back on the job.
* Ability to use evaluative instruments to assess and measure the quality of a training program and the change in the adult learner’s knowledge, skills, or behavior.
* Ability work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to adjust behavior in order to establish positive relationships across a board range of people and groups within the Enterprise.
* Ability to communicate opinions, observations, and conclusions such that they are understood.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and stand. The team member occasionally is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.