Table Games Floor Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Table Games Pit Manager, monitors all Table Games offered by Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE), Dealers, and all non-department guests coming in contact with the Table Games Pit on assigned shifts while creating a fun, friendly, and courteous environment for all.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Practices outstanding guest services to both internal and external guests, by promoting teamwork and creating a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere that encourages mutual respect.
* Implements and ensures compliance with department, Casino, gaming regulatory policies, procedures, and Internal Controls (ICs).
* Proactive in anticipating guests needs striving to provide memorable service experiences
* Arrives on property to work in complete uniform, with a well-groomed appearance and personal hygiene.
* Presents a polished and professional image at all times.
* Basic knowledge of other games and services offered by TOGE at each property.
* Routinely strives to build and achieve guest satisfaction.
* Manages table inventories.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding guest play.
* Communicates effectively with all team members and guests.
* Supervises the operation of an assigned number of tables and Dealers and identify possible irregularities in Player/Dealer conduct.
* Relays pertinent information regarding daily business to incoming Table Games Floor Supervisor whenever leaving a designated section.
* Evaluates and coaches all Dealers to increase skill level.
* Ensures Dealer quality and efficiency so they may deal at the department mandated game pace (hands per hour).
* Ensures safeguarding of all Enterprise assets.
* Ensures the integrity of all games.
* Informs Table Games Shift Manager of any deviation from Standard Operating Procedures.
* Renders impartial decisions using all available means, i.e. Dealer/Player, information and surveillance.
* Maintains Player Tracking Log and Table Activity Card and Player Rating. Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of Table Games area
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years dealing experience as a Casino Dealer with the games of Craps or, Roulette, and Blackjack plus a minimum of two (2) years supervising table games and must have supervisory experience of either craps or roulette; or completion of the Desert Diamond Casino Table Games Floor Supervisor’s Mentoring and Training Program. Must be able to pass a basic Table Games Strategy Exam. Must be able to pass a math exam which includes specific Player rating scenarios. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation and obtain and maintain a Gaming License and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Extensive knowledge of, and ability to deal, all table games offered by TOGE.
* Extensive and complete knowledge of ICs.
* Knowledge of procedures and Casino floor operations.
* Extensive knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Skill in human relations, communication and supervision of assigned team members.
* Must know basic strategy and identify warning signs of advantage play.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with team members and guests.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills to Player and money tracking
* Ability to practice the principles of public relations and outstanding guest services.
* Ability to appropriately manage stressful situations, occasionally dealing with irate guests.
* Ability to respond to visual and auditory cues.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts will also be required.