Table Games Assistant Shift Manager
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under general supervision of the Table Games Shift Manager, oversees daily table game and poker operations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Practices Outstanding Guest Service, to both internal as well as external guests, by promoting teamwork and creating a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere that encourages mutual respect.
* Develops and ensures the maintenance of policies and processes for supporting all Table Games training.
* Assists the Table Games Shift Manager to ensure Casino, and Departmental Policies, and Procedures are followed.
* Implements and ensures compliance with department, casino, gaming regulatory policies, procedures, and internal controls.
* Assists the Table Games Shift Manager to oversee the day-to-day Table Games and Poker operations including managing labor costs, table limits and game mix to successfully achieve a cost effective and profitable department.
* Greets guests and maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
* Reviews daily and weekly schedules for Table Games and Poker.
* Works with the Table Games Shift Manager in evaluating and coaching all dealers and supervisors to increase skill level.
* Works with the Table Games Shift Manager to ensure dealer quality and efficiency so they may deal at the Department mandated game pace (hands per hour), as well as supervisor quality and efficiency in supporting the dealers to accomplish this goal.
* Ensures an open atmosphere that promotes skill enhancement.
* Must be able to accurately identify the value of a guest based on the guest’s play
* Must be able to identify guests whose play may be developed further and assist in that development by effective communication with Table Games management and other departments by taking an active role in extending Outstanding Guest Service to that guest
* Must utilize basic strategy and warning signs of advantage play to either identify the possibility of an advantage player, or accurately rule out a guest as an advantage player.
* Works with Surveillance in detecting and taking action against cheating, fraud and other disruptions as company policy dictates.
* Estimates win/loss of a shift.
* Safeguards casino assets; to include cards, dice, gaming chips, etc.
* Ensures supplies are readily available.
* Performs duties of subordinates as needed in the supervisor capacity.
* Assists the Table Games Shift Manager to take disciplinary action when necessary towards Table Games Pit Managers, Poker Floor Supervisors, and Dealers.
* Reviews the hold percent for reasonableness.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED; five years of experience in the Table Games required in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must know basic strategy and be able to pass a basic strategy exam. Must have knowledge of Poker operations. Must be able to pass a math exam that includes specific player rating scenarios. Must be 18 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to practice the principles of public relations and outstanding guest service.
* Extensive Knowledge of, and ability to deal, all table games offered by TOGE.
* Extensive and complete knowledge of Internal Controls.
* Knowledge of procedures and Casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of Blackjack, Three Card Poker, Fortune Pai Gow and Ultimate Texas Hold-em and future games to be offered by the Enterprise card games.
* General knowledge of the poker room operations including dealing the games Texas Hold-em, Seven Card Stud, Omaha and Omaha Hi Lo.
* Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing dynamics and priorities.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to implement new games.
* Must know basic strategy and identify warning signs of advantage play.
* Ability to multi-task efficiently.
* Skill in human relations, communication and supervision of assigned staff.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to investigate and analyze information and be able to apply what is learned to the operation.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in job performance, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts