Surveillance Training Coordinator (PHX)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Assistant Surveillance Director, coordinates the design, delivery and conducts the teaching, mentoring and training assessments for all Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix (DDCP) surveillance department team members and keeps up-to-date records and files of all training completed by each team member.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Delivers curricula for training programs; researches and defines training and development needs, goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals.
* Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for the surveillance department and team members.
* Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
* Determines formats and approaches to achieve maximum program objectives; defines needs of target populations; researches trends at the national and state level, as appropriate to the position.
* Coordinates activities and efforts with department Director, Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix- Assistant Director and Surveillance Compliance/Training Manager to engage in the implementation and administration of program objectives.
* Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
* Recommends improvements to program content and/or trainer presentation methods. Assists in professional development of all Surveillance team members.
* May assist in the interview process of new department team members or candidates for promotion.
* Maintains and/or develops records of trainings, training attendance and files appropriate paperwork to ensure the successful completion of training.
* Develops, expedites, and maintains files, records, and other documents for assigned departments.
* Maintains good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus 3 years operational casino surveillance experience in field of teaching, training, mentoring; or 3 recent years experience in TOGE surveillance department. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of records management.
* Knowledge of facilitation of skills of casino surveillance, internal and external cheating and theft techniques, asset protection, Cage, Compliance, Internal Audit, Security, Food & Beverage and other casino department’s regulations, internal control standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of database management and basic computer skills, including a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
* Organizing and coordinating skills.
* Thorough knowledge of the casino and surveillance department’s policy and procedures; with the ability to provide training in these areas.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Ability to determine training objectives.
* Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
* Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance.
* Ability to create, write, compose, edit written and video materials and presentations.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in job performance, and continually seek improvement in results.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and stand. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6773