|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Surveillance Operations Manager, the Surveillance Supervisor supervises and oversees the surveillance staff on assigned shift. Protects the assets of the Casino property, guests and team members. Must possess excellent knowledge of all casino departments, including table games, slots, cage and soft count. Must possess excellent observational and communication skills. Must be able to identify and detect internal and external cheating, theft and advantage play techniques. Must have experience in training and mentoring of front-line staff.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision.
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Assist with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies and procedures.
* Functions in the capacity of a Surveillance Officer as a working supervisor.
* Ensures all team members are complying with regulations, ordinance, MICS, gaming compact, policies and procedures.
* Ensures all Surveillance equipment is functioning properly throughout his/her respective shift.
* Ensures that all video logs and reports are completed by Surveillance Officers.
* Prepares productivity reports, observations reports, trouble reports, and investigation summaries.
* Assists in any internal or external investigations conducted by the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office or authorized Law Enforcement Agency.
* Ensures all gaming irregularities are reported to the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office.
* Responsible for training new Surveillance Officers.
* Monitors and records all guest activity at video, table games and slot machines.
* Monitors and records all other areas by video camera.
* Monitors all alarm equipment in the Video Surveillance room.
* Monitors cash handling.
* Responsible for conducting all required duties related to the DVR Digital System.
* Completes performance evaluations of Surveillance Officers.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree plus 4 years of casino surveillance. 2 of the 4 years must be in a supervisory capacity; Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement; or must have successfully worked as a TOGE Surveillance Lead Officer or Surveillance Officer for 3 years. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of investigative procedures and techniques.
* Knowledge of Policies and Procedures.
* Knowledge of all in house casino games.
* Knowledge of fraud detection.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Ability to operate surveillance equipment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to analyze information and write reports.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.