|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Surveillance Supervisor, the Surveillance Officer protects the assets of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise, guests and team members from cheating, theft, advantage play, and ensures all rules, regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to and followed by utilizing Surveillance equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures all Surveillance equipment is functioning properly throughout their respective shift.
* Ensures all gaming irregularities are reported to the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office.
* Operates and monitors Surveillance equipment.
* Identifies and detects any cheating, theft advantage play or violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Monitors and records all guest, team members, and vendors’ activity throughout the property for compliance to all rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Monitors all alarm equipment in the video surveillance room.
* Monitors all gaming and cash handling areas and point-of-sales.
* Prepares incident reports, productivity reports, observations reports, trouble reports, and investigation summaries.
* Assists in any internal or external investigations conducted by the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office or authorized Law Enforcement Agency.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Experience in casino surveillance, asset protection, loss prevention, law enforcement security, working with CCTV monitors, audio & video equipment preferred. Some knowledge of gaming operations, rules, regulations, policies and procedures or casino experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of investigative procedures and techniques preferred.
* Knowledge of casino gaming.
* Knowledge of Policies and Procedures.
* Knowledge of cheating, theft and fraud detection.
* Ability to operate surveillance equipment.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to operate a two-way radio.
* Ability to learn all in house casino games.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment.
* Possess basic math skills of adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or work weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.