Surveillance Officer (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Surveillance Supervisor, protects the assets of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise, guests, and team members from cheating, theft, advantage play, and ensures all rules, regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to and followed by utilizing surveillance equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Monitors all areas and utilizes surveillance equipment and applications to ensure the safety of guests, vendors, and team members, the assets of the Enterprise and the integrity of the games.
* Monitors for adherence to Internal Controls and Title 31 requirements.
* Documents daily and routine events into database using Daily Logs.
* Prepares Incident reports for significant events.
* Conducts checks of surveillance equipment to ensure proper function.
* Conducts reviews and audits for financial variances, property damage, team member performance, guest behavior, gaming discrepancies, criminal activities, lost items and outside agency requests.
* Assists with internal and external investigations conducted by the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office or authorized Law Enforcement Agency as requested.
* Conducts and completes detailed reports summarizing their investigations.
* Provides investigative results to Human Resources as requested.
* Reports all gaming irregularities, criminal and suspicious activities to the Supervisor and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office.
* Completes Observation Reports for any violations of the Employee Handbook, Compact or Departmental Internal controls.
* Monitors the Slot tracking system and takes actions to audible alarms and alerts.
* Monitors for banned and underage guests on the gaming floor and bar areas.
* Audits transactions utilizing the Point of Sales application system.
* Utilizes the Point of Sale database for investigative information.
* Attends required training sessions and meetings.
* Maintains a good working knowledge of the house rules for each game offered.
* Conducts required scans of table games and player analysis using card counting skills to identify advantage play.
* Calculates and verifies payouts, and commission amounts.
* Monitors assets being escorted to Table Games, kiosks and ATMs, Bingo Money room, Card room, Cage and various other areas of the Enterprise.
* Monitors prize drawings.
* Answers phone and two-way radio.
* Monitors Gaming Drop and Count Process as well as emergency drops.
* Monitors sensitive key (Level-1) access and removal.
* Monitors the Alcohol sweep.
* Monitors required jackpot payouts and Slot employees entering gaming machines.
* Monitors Security personnel during medical or emergency situations as well as ID or welfare checks.
* Provides photos, digital evidence and reports pertaining to Title 31.
* Dispatches Security personnel to areas as needed.
* Maintains good communication, and a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, plus one (1) year of recent casino experience or two (2) years of law enforcement, security or loss prevention experience required. Experience with surveillance audio and video equipment and knowledge of gaming operations preferred. Candidate must pass a basic Math and Situational Questionnaire assessment. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of investigative procedures and techniques.
* Maintains knowledge of Internal Controls for each department.
* Knowledge of cheating, theft and fraud detection.
* Ability to operate surveillance equipment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to solve practical problems.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to operate a two-way radio.
* Ability to learn all in house casino games.
* Ability to learn table games card counting techniques.
* Maintains an expert knowledge of all Casino table games and house rules for Blackjack, Spanish 21, Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’Em, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow and any variations and side bets offered.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
* Possess basic math skills of adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work in a stressful fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
The Surveillance Department has established a standard that prohibits Surveillance employees from transferring to any Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise money handling department. Surveillance personnel who resign or are involuntarily terminated are ineligible to accept a position in a money handling department for the Enterprise for a minimum of one year unless approved by the Director of Surveillance.