Support Technician (IT)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the IT Support Supervisor, provides user support, complex problem analysis and resolution, in-depth technical assistance, and training for hardware, software, network and telephone information systems.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs general problem solving and assistance on software applications and hardware systems and telecommunication system.
* Provides in-depth technical assistance and maintenance support to departmental end users.
* Problem solving and technical assistance duties are accomplished through the routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment within parameters established by IT management.
* Documents projects; writes and maintains user instructions.
* Performs routine hardware and software maintenance and assists in proper upkeep and utilization of systems.
* Maintains applicable records of all maintenance and repairs.
* Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED plus 3 years experience in IT support; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or has completed 18 months as a Desert Diamond Casino IT Intern while successfully performing all essential duties and responsibilities of a Support Technician. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of computer hardware and software and telecommunication systems.
* Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
* Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
* Ability to perform preventive maintenance on computer hardware and software.
* Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of Personal Computer (PC) and/or mainframe applications and systems.
* Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Technical writing skills.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.