Support Coordinator (IT)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the IT Support Manager, supports the IT Help Desk to solve general telephone, hardware, software and network problems for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise. Oversees all actions required to order, receive, document, inventory and replace all IT hardware and software required to operate the Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs problem solving over the phone and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems for department users.
* Problem solving and technical assistance duties are accomplished through the routine exercise of discretion and independent judgment within parameters established by the IT Support Manager.
* Enters and prioritizes service requests into the help desk work order tracking system.
* Prepares daily workload report for IT Director.
* Maintains the hardware/software inventory lists and tags and records all new hardware.
* Ensures that hardware/software is properly identified in work order ticket tracking and inventory systems for required inventory and replacement actions.
* Maintains department supply room and inventory levels.
* Runs reports as requested.
* Maintains accurate records and department files.
* Provides technical assistance and maintenance support to departmental end users.
* Responsible for equipment disposals.
* Completes purchase orders.
* Tracks budget levels, provides budget status reports.
* Creates and maintains hardware and software license database.
* Maintains good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED; 3 years experience in IT Support or help desk support; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
* Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of computer hardware and software and telecommunication systems.
* Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
* Knowledge of database management.
* Knowledge of budget tracking.
* Knowledge of available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of Personal Computer (PC) and/or mainframe applications and systems.
* Ability to analyze and resolve computer problems.
* Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
* Skills in maintaining records.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to prepare and produce reports.
* Technical writing skills.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to be able for a 24/7 hour business operation which may require the need to work weekend and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.