Slot Technician (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Senior Slot Tech, installs, repairs and maintains slot machines for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE).
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains the electronic components, systems, and peripherals of slot machines.
* Maintains an inventory of parts for the slot machines.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Repairs and modifies components, electric systems and peripherals of the slot machines.
* Configures slot machine to meet manufacturers and regulatory agency specifications.
* Removes, moves, installs and/or upgrades slot machines.
* Monitors and tracks the slot machine malfunctions, the cause, the repair, and the parts involved.
* Tracks and records all test money usage and testing results.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Must maintain all TOGE confidential records and information including, proprietary information, slot machines records both written and electronic, guest information, machine play history, financial information, game settings, etc.
* Must safeguard and inventory slot machines tickets.
* Must safeguard funds and test tickets used for testing and other diagnostic functions.
* Performs all types of diagnostics and repairs to correct mechanical, electrical and electronic failures to the component level.
* Reads and identifies components within schematics.
* Troubleshoots, installs and operates slot machines accounting system, slot machine operation, ticket in/ticket out system and parts system maintenance.
* Responds to repair and troubleshooting requests from slot operations and other departments.
* Ensures slot machine integrity and settings are correct when prize are won and at other times requested in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Operates hand tools, soldering equipment, electrical test equipment and other equipment as needed. Maintain proper documentation of repair logs and out of service logs.
* Provides exceptional service to our guests and team members when performing job duties and conduct oneself in a professional and businesslike manner to reflect the casino high standards of excellence.
* Performs initial verification of new software upon arrival.
* Performs slot machine RAM clears/key chip and set-up of options as needed.
* Performs other duties as required. This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 1 year of Slot Tech experience preferred or related education, experience and or training. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of slot machines and the electronic data system hardware.
* Knowledge of configuration of slot machines.
* Knowledge of electronic and mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
* Knowledge in electronic systems and electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of using laptop computer to perform software control of peripherals.
* Knowledge of testing equipment, including oscilloscopes, voltmeters, computer monitor analyzer, laptop computer, capacitor & inductor analyzer, etc.
* Knowledge of basic manual hand tools, i.e. hammer, screwdriver, socket sets, wrenches, etc. Basic printed circuit board repair, including diagnostics and troubleshooting. Experience troubleshooting wires using schematics as it relates to slot machines.
* Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Must have the ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and casino policies and procedures.
* Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret software manuals, operating procedures, technical procedures, and government regulations.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Omni View and Diagnostic Monitor.
* Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, possesses integrity, confidentiality, and discretion in handling confidential information.
* Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to write basic correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively and deliver information in a one-on-one or small group situation to guests and other team members of the organization.
* Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to demonstrate basic use of a voltmeter.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.