Slot Technical Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Slot Tech Manager, oversees and supervises all Slot Tech personnel.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervises and assigns staff to slot duties, including equipment maintenance, conversion and machine replacement.
* Ensures compliance with all State and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Tracks the slot machines malfunctions, cause and parts involved.
* Supervises all Slot Tech personnel.
* Creates schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
* Assists for hiring, termination, and discipline of all Slot Tech personnel and reports/documentation therein.
* Responsible for the training of all Slot Tech personnel relative to slot machines.
* Responsible maintaining slot machines parts inventory.
* Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the slot shop.
* Implements and supervises all slot machines conversions, moves, and installations.
* Assists in ordering and receiving slot machines parts.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the slot department.
* Follows-up and checks the work performed in the department.
* Oversees the installation of slot machines.
* Prepares reports on day-to-day activities of the department.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in electronics or related field plus 5 years of recent experience in Slot Tech Operations, 2 of which must be as a Senior or Lead Slot Tech; or 5 years of recent Slot Tech Leadership. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of slot machines and the electronic data system hardware.
* Knowledge of basic manual hand tool and repair methods.
* Knowledge of electronically mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
* Knowledge of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) repair.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Knowledge and experience using a voltmeter and troubleshooting wires as it relates to slot machines.
* Knowledge in electronic systems and electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to read schematics and perform software control of peripherals.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both orally and writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and casino policies and procedures.
* Skill in guest service.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.