Slot Technical Manager (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Slot Director, oversees the maintenance, repair and proper operation of all gaming machines for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Oversees Slot Tech team members
* Oversees all floor moves. Implements and supervises all gaming device conversions, moves, and installations.
* Oversees schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
* Oversees the installation of gaming machines.
* Must be able to synergistically contribute to the slot technical operation.
* Must be able to review and analyze all gaming machines data. Previous experience with collecting, analyzing and disseminating data from SQL tables/sources a plus.
* Follows up and verifies all work performed.
* Follow up checks on work performed in the department.
* Responsible for all-time records prior to payroll processing.
* Responsible for ensuring the ordering and receiving of gaming machines parts.
* Responsible for the training of all Slot Tech team members.
* Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the slot shop.
* Responsible for the enforcement of Internal Controls.
* Maintains relationship with vendors to ensure best product is operating.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Provides reports on machine performance, off line machines, other reports as requested.
* Approves and forwards invoices for payment. Previous experience with requisition creating and P.O. approval a plus.
* Ensures that policy and procedures are properly followed by all team members.
* Ensure Compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
* Supervises and assigns staff to slot duties, including equipment maintenance, conversion, and machine replacement.
* Monitors slot staff productivity and training.
* Tracks the gaming machines malfunctions, cause and parts involved.
* Assists for hiring, termination, and discipline of all Slot Tech team members and reports/documentation therein.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Prepares reports on day to day activities of the department.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Works with Tohono O’odham Gaming Office (TOGO) to provide required documents, reports, submissions in a timely manner for all slot related projects.
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s Internal Controls(IC’s) and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in electronics, gaming technology or related field plus 8 years of experience in the troubleshooting of electronics and gaming machines; 6 of the 8 years must have been in a slot technical supervisory capacity in a casino with 1500 + gaming machines; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming a license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar drafting programs. Ability to create or modify drawings. Understanding of the add/remove External Reference Files (xref), create block diagrams and convert drawings to other medium for dissemination abilities a plus.
* Knowledge of gaming machines and the electronic data system hardware.
* Knowledge of basic manual hand tool and repair methods.
* Knowledge of electronically mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
* Knowledge of PCB repair.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Knowledge and experience using a voltmeter and troubleshooting wires as it relates to gaming machines.
* Knowledge in electronic systems and electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of electronic and mechanical functions and play aspects of gaming machines.
* Advanced knowledge of gaming machines system networking functions, infrastructure, and operation. Master Certification Training in previously used Slot Systems a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to lead a team of highly talented technicians.
* Demonstrated ability to manage turnover for consecutive periods.
* Demonstrated skill in customer service satisfaction to include:
* Installation and conversion of preferred games requested by customers
* Ability to read, decipher and disseminate schematics to front line team members, property leadership and stakeholders.
* Ability to maintain and perform software control of machines, peripherals and associated equipment. Proven management of inventory programs or systems a plus.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to create, evaluate and follow policies, procedures instructions specific to Slot Technical and to abide by regulatory, casino and department policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated experience with participating in P&L reviews.
* Demonstrated ability in Operational Readiness/Down Game Management.
* Demonstrated ability in Preventative Maintenance Management.
* Demonstrated ability in local/satellite warehouse management.
* Experience with maintaining a Slot Technical budget and/or budget account aspects of Salaries/Wages, Repairs and Maintenance, gaming machines Leased/Participation and Contract Labor at a minimum.
* Experience in facilitating Project Meetings related to Slot related and/or property related projects.
* Proven ability in preparing, reviewing and implementing Departmental SOP’s and Policy’s based on need.
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail.
* Must be able to plan projects and meet deadlines as assigned. Project planning to include multiple examples of deadline managed projects related to gaming machines installations, conversions, removals, relocations and carpet changes.
* Must have experience with vendor interaction to include (but not limited to):
oMachine order specifications and invoicing
oContract preparation and routing
oCAPEX preparation and ROI justification
oMachine spend tracking and ship share trending
oGeneral Terms and Conditions Review
* Knowledge of gaming machine platforms and operating systems. Experience with various manufacturers including:
oSci Games (Bally, WMS, ShuffleMaster, Sci Games)
oIGT (Spielo, IGT)
oEveri (MGAM, Everi)
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Must attend meetings, training classes, and other functions as assigned. Must be available any time for emergencies and other high priority slot issues.