Slot Tech Intern (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Senior Slot Tech, the Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Slot Tech Intern primary duties will be to learn the basic skills needed for the position of an entry level Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Slot Tech. The Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Slot Tech Intern will learn to install, move, and perform preventive maintenance on gaming machines. The Desert Diamond Casino - Phoenix Slot Tech Intern will learn basic tool use and function, slot machine functionality, troubleshooting, and repair.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs preventive maintenance on all gaming machines.
* Maintains slot and video machines.
* Removes, installs and upgrades slot machines.
* Maintains an inventory of parts for the slot machines.
* Maintains accurate repair logs.
* Complies with internal controls, policies and procedures.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Provides prompt and courteous service when cleaning machines.
* Performs tasks as requested by immediate and departmental management.
* Maintains machine performance through preventative maintenance. This would include proper cleaning of bill validators, printers, card readers, fans, buttons, monitors, reels and glass.
* Accounts and handles company assets accurately and carefully.
* Knowledge of department policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines.
* Acts as a role model; always presents oneself as a credit to Desert Diamond Casinos and encourages others to do the same.
* Coordinates with Casino Management and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat or damage gaming equipment and to identify and report floor irregularities.
* Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
* Exercises appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention.
* Maintains attendance consistent with company policy and standards.
* Ability to handle secured keys within department guidelines.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Must be an enrolled Tohono O’odham tribal member. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation and obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of basic manual hand tool and repair methods.
* Skill in customer service.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
* Must present a well-groomed appearance.
* Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the slot floor with ease.
* Must have a sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
* Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
* Must be able to respond to visual and verbal signals.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and casino policies and procedures.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security. The team member frequently is required walk and be on feet for long periods of time. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds repetitively.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required and be on call for 24/7 support and emergency purposes.