Slot Shift Supervisor
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Slot Shift Manager, assists in all phases of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
* Observes and recognizes irregularities in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
* Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary practices.
* Supervises all subordinate slot personnel.
* Creates schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
* Assists in hiring, termination, and discipline of all subordinate slot personnel.
* Assists in creating and issuing reports and documentation.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies.
* Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, assuring all chairs are pushed in.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and departmental policies and procedures.
* Aware of the various types of slot and video gaming device cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
* Authorizes jackpots over $1200 as needed and completes tax forms if necessary.
* May assist in banning guests and liquor sweeps as needed.
* Ensures that direct reports work with security personnel and other casino staff as necessary.
* Ensures compliance with all National, State, Local and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Regulations.
* Assists in the coordination of and preparation of special slot functions.
* Prepares shift reports.
* Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 3 years experience as a slot attendant or 1 year experience in a slot supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Must have the ability to analyze reports.
* Must have skills in professional management techniques; including human skills, technical skills and conceptual skills.
* Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels both internally and externally.
* Must have the ability to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
* Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
* Must have the ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Must have the ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Must have the ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
* Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members.
* Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission proportions and percentages.
* Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must have skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint), understanding of casino management systems a plus.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The team member is required to wear a portable communication device with earpiece at all times during shift.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.