Slot Shift Manager (West Valley)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Slot Manager, is responsible for the day to day slot operations on an assigned shift. Responsible for supervising, managing, and monitoring the overall slot area including all slot department team members for efficiency, guest service, adherence to all departmental, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE), Tohono O’odham Gaming Office (TOGO), policies, procedures, and directives, protecting all TOGE assets. Develops and mentors team members.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
* Observes and recognizes irregularities, violations, or other discrepancies in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
* Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary practices.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
* Plans and administers work schedules and assignments.
* Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to TOGE and departmental policies.
* Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, ensuring all chairs are pushed in.
* Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all casino policies and procedures.
* Aware of the various types of gaming machines cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
* Ensures that team members work with Security personnel and other casino staff as necessary.
* Ensures compliance with all National, Local and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Regulations.
* Assists in the coordination of and preparation of special gaming machines functions.
* Prepares shift reports.
* Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
* Oversees the supervision of slot personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions, motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Takes all precautions to protect TOGE assets.
* Assigns daily duties and monitors expected results.
* Authorizes prize payouts according to approved policies and completes required forms if necessary.
* Supervises and assists Slot Tech area as needed.
* Ensures compliance with guest service policies.
* Ensures all evaluations for assigned team members are completed on time.
* Is responsible for accuracy and timeliness of all required departmental, TOGE, and TOGO reports.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 5 years experience in slot operations, 3 of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming a license, and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have working knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of gaming machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Must have skills in professional management techniques.
* Must have a working knowledge of software and casino management systems.
* Must be able to lead by example.
* Must be outgoing, energetic, and possess a positive attitude towards the Enterprise, its guests, and team members.
* Must be able to work in a high risk, fast paced environment, follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
* Must be able to resolve controversy, maintain a fair and objective position when dealing with team members and guests.
* Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
* Must be experienced in supervisory techniques including personnel management.
* Must be able to analyze reports and be able to clearly present information.
* Must be able to exhibit judgment based on sound business practices and a realistic understanding of issues.
* Must be able to interact effectively with Tribal and National Regulatory Officials.
* Must be able to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Must be able to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs, including scheduling for events, holidays, and other peak times.
* Must be able to write and implement departmental procedures as necessary.
* Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Must be able to speak effectively before groups, guests or team members.
* Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, discounts, interest, commission’s proportions and percentages.
* Must be able to follow instructions and apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Must have the ability to write reports and correspondences.
* Must be able to deal with problems involving guests, team members, and other internal department issues with a focus on resolving the issues in a fair and balanced method while protecting TOGE assets.
* Must be skilled in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.