Slot Performance Analyst
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Planning & Analysis Supervisor, the Slot Performance Analyst provides analytical support to the Planning & Analysis Department with the mission of generating the highest possible profitability and efficiencies. Specifically, the Slot Performance Analyst will analyze slot machine performance to ensure the most profitable and popular mix of games, themes, odds, hold percentages, denominations and types, placement, guest impact, variances, as well as other slot and guest metrics. As part of that mission, the Slot Performance Analyst will maintain and/or assist in maintenance of slot files, maps, databases, and PAR information as well as all other data related to performance, using all available resources including BIS2, IGT system, and other reporting and analytical tools and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides daily, weekly and monthly summaries and detail reporting of slot machine and slot floor performance: Weekly reports by location, manufacturer, denomination, and type reports on revenue participation machines. Provide an individual machine performance reports. Trending analysis on slot games. Variance, outlier, and other unusual slot performance reporting. Other reports as required.
* Provides statistical and analytical support in the development, implementation and evaluation of slot and revenue programs.
* Provides and reviews specific reports designed to spot irregular or unusual slot activity associated with malfunctioning machines and or criminal activity. Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory issues within the Planning & Analysis Department.
* Provides system processes and procedures for new program implementation.
* Makes recommendations for machine placement, replacement and/or game conversions to meet productivity goals based on analytical data.
* Maintains current data to include: PAR sheets, progressive meter resets and incrementation rates, and maps associated with slot operations and other departments as directed.
* Produces maps and other documentation relating to the slot floor and / or performance data to all departments as authorized by the Planning & Analysis Supervisor.
* Performs other related and relevant duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in statistics or analytical reporting or related field preferred, plus 2 years of experience in slot analytics and training in slot performance or slot systems; or 5 years of qualified related gaming experience in general analytics. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex technical and mathematical documents.
* Ability to present data in an effective and comprehensive manner, including, but not limited to, written reports, narratives, speeches, articles and visual presentations to a broad technical and non-technical audience.
* Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced math concepts including but not limited to algebra and statistical theory. Calculus is preferred, but not mandatory.
* Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems is preferred.
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
* Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
* Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
* Ability to make excellent presentations, both written and oral.
* Ability to learn, communicate and train on other computer systems software.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to work under stressful situations.
* Proficient or possess the ability to quickly learn casino-specific applications of computer software including: MS SQL, IGT Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Outlook, and Access required) and AutoCAD.
* Advanced level computer application skills: spreadsheets, database and word processing at a minimum.
* Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges.
* Must Have well rounded analytical and report writing skills.
* Must be able to use an "in-ear" listening device for radio communications
* Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
* Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast-paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
* Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
* Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have a professional demeanor and make eye contact while speaking.
* Regularly required to use a standard keyboard and computer monitor for extended periods.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk the casino floor. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.