Slot Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of the Slot Director, manages all aspects of slot operations, including but not limited to, slot machines performance analysis, slot personnel, guest service standards, slot team member training, adherence to federal, state, gaming agency, property, and departmental rules and regulation as well as procedural integrity and administration. Takes all necessary steps to protect company assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures all team members understand slot machines promotions, events, and slot machines tournament information.
* Ensures guest service standards are met.
* Ensures departmental budgets are followed and/or not exceeded.
* Ensures all monthly reports required by Tohono O’odham Gaming Office, and management are delivered upon due dates.
* Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
* Evaluates team member performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Responsible for all team member disciplinary actions.
* Assists in determining slot machines layout, machine types, locations, denominations, and number of slot machines on the floor through performance analytics.
* Runs game performance reports, daily, weekly, monthly, as well as other designated periods.
* Analyzes statistics on slot machines performance reports, ensures game and floor performance is meeting expectations, and recommends any needed changes or actions.
* Supervises and assigns staff to slot duties.
* Observes, recognizes and documents irregularities in slot and casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints with a win, win approach.
* Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
* Assists in the coordination of and preparation of special slot machine functions.
* Assures the confidentiality of records and files used in the slot department.
* Produces reports on slot machines performance and evaluation and presents them to the Slot Director.
* Reviews slot machine files and performance reports daily to ensure accuracy and compliance to expected standards, and adjust discrepancies according to regulations, policies and procedures.
* Leads and contributes to a team effort in achieving company and departmental goals.
* Brings all unusual events, analysis, or other unusual items to the attention of the Slot Director.
* Ensures assigned property operates in synergy with other properties.
* Leads by example.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related fields plus 8 years of recent experience in Slot Leadership, with a minimum of 2 years as a Slot Shift Manager or higher; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must have extensive ability in running and analyzing slot machines performance reports, using various resources to make or recommend appropriate actions.
* Must have extensive ability in managing vendor participation and fee games to expected quantity and performance levels.
* Must have extensive ability to read and understand game manufacturers par sheets and game set up requirements.
* Must have working knowledge of slot machines math used in analytics and reporting.
* Ability to develop and manage departmental budgets.
* Ability in drafting internal controls for the department.
* Ability in evaluating, coaching, training and developing slot team members.
* Ability in managing slot machines operational and technical staff.
* Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of software programs and systems as related to the operation of the slot department.
* Skill in professional management techniques.
* Ability to interact effectively with Tribal and Regulatory Officials.
* Ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
* Ability to write and implement departmental procedures as necessary.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups, guests or team members of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with situations and problems, both internal and external, using sound business judgment.
* Skill in human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
* Proficient in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) rules, acceptable hiring practices, and sexual harassment avoidance.
* Builds team member and guest loyalty.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.