Slot Electronics Bench Tech (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Electronics Bench Technician will troubleshoot, repair and maintain slot machines, components and related parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies for the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE)
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains superior relationships with support departments to help execute transactions.
* Ensures compliance with all State and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office (TOGO) regulations, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Exhibits awareness of the various types of slot device-cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring gaming floor.
* Capable of handling routine complaints and incidents and exhibits the appropriate discretion to identify situations that require the attention of supervisory personnel.
* Operates hand tools, soldering equipment, electrical test equipment and other equipment as needed.
* Removes, moves, installs and/or upgrades slot machines to include their electronic components, systems, and peripherals; maintains an accurate inventory tracking.
* Performs all types of diagnostics and repairs to correct mechanical, electrical, and electronic failures to the component level; troubleshoots via reading and identifying components within schematics; monitors and tracks all malfunctions to include the cause, repair and parts involved.
* Performs slot machine RAM clears/key chip and configuration of set-up options to meet manufacturers and regulatory agency specifications; troubleshoots, installs and operates machines accounting system, slot machine operations, ticket in/ticket out system and parts system maintenance.
* Tracks, records and safeguards all funds used for testing and other diagnostic functions.
* Maintains all TOGE confidential records and information including proprietary information, slot machine records both written and electronic, guest information, machine play history, financial information, game settings, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in Electronics or related field, plus 4 years of Electronic Repair experience; or 2 years of Slot Electronic Repair experience plus related education, experience and/or training. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and proficiency in advanced mathematics.
* Maintain proper maintenance of shop equipment.
* Maintain proper documentation of all Gaming Machines and Gaming Machine Equipment verifications, tests and maintenance.
* Provide exceptional service to our guests and employees when performing job duties and conduct oneself in a professional and businesslike manner.
* Maintain an acceptable consistent, regular attendance record.
* Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, to include reading, verbal and written proficiencies.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service delivery and guest service recovery techniques at all times.
* Ability to make board level electronic repairs, including surface mounted components.
* Ability to proficiently use all electronic repair equipment, test equipment and diagnostics equipment in the execution of duties.
* Ability to control influx of bad parts, troubleshoot and repair for stock replenishment.
* Ability to read and interpret detailed schematics, technical manuals and illustrated parts breakdown to isolate problem components.
* Ability to proficiently identify components by design, type and rating from component markings or schematic callouts.
* Ability to remedy Repairs and Maintenance expenses through strategic component repair verses assembly reordering.
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, at times, under levels of stress
* Ability to wear/use communication devices such as ear piece/radio device, hand held tablets or other forms of service communication devices.
* Knowledge of basic manual hands tools, i.e. hammer, screwdriver, socket sets, wrenches, etc. and of electronic and mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.