|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the General Manager, manages all Slot, Keno and Bingo Department operations, including slot operational and technical personnel, procedural integrity, internal controls, and regulatory compliance. Responsible for creating budgets, revenue forecasting, and meeting revenue expectations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all State, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
* Ensures all required monthly reports required by Tohono O’odham Gaming Office, and management are delivered upon due dates.
* Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Oversees the maximization of slot floor optimization by reviewing in-depth analysis and identifying revenue opportunities with slot product mix and pricing, establishing slot replacement cycles, slot hold percentages, slot quantities, additional revenue sources.
* Determines types, location, denomination mix and numbers of slot machines on the floor.
* Negotiates and purchases slot machines, all parts of slot machines, and related equipment for the slot operations.
* Develops an evaluation program to gauge the performance of subordinates.
* Supervises and assigns staff to slot duties, including equipment maintenance, conversion, and machine replacement.
* Observes and recognizes irregularities in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
* Promotes positive guest relations, greets guest and creates a friendly atmosphere.
* Designs slot floor layout and slot signage.
* Assures the confidentiality of records and files used in the Slot department.
* Produces reports on slot performance and evaluation monthly.
* Responsible for development and oversight of department budget. Ensures departmental budgets are followed.
* Reviews slot files to ensure accuracy, and adjust discrepancies according to regulations.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience in managing and operating a casino slot department; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Required experience in Class III gaming; Class II gaming preferred.
* Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of Slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of software systems.
* Ability to analyze reports.
* Ability to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
* Ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
* Ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
* Ability to write and implement departmental procedures as necessary.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Skill in human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Skill in professional management techniques.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.