Slot Attendant F/T (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Slot Shift Supervisor, pays out jackpots to guests, fills machines with paper and assists guests.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent guest service.
* Ensures compliance with all State and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office (TOGO) regulations, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Observes all activity within assigned area offering assistance to slot and video gaming device players and instruction and advice on machine functions and payouts.
* Processes jackpots and completes them promptly, accurately and with a high degree of service.
* Exhibits awareness of the various types of slot and video gaming device-cheating methods and recognizes any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
* Capable of handling routine complaints and incidents and exhibits the appropriate discretion to identify situations that require the attention of supervisory personnel.
* Accomplishes model guest service to all guests through attention to needs of guests, expedition service, encouraging player card participation and answering questions about the facility as well as maintaining a neat and pleasant area for the players.
* Resets machines after jackpot winnings.
* Fills machines with paper when empty.
* Balances bank at end of shift.
* Assists in cleaning and picking up trash.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 1 year customer service with cash handling experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and proficient in intermediate mathematics.
* Knowledge of the various types of slot and video gaming device machines and is able to identify major malfunctions and correct minor machine malfunctions.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
* Ability to resolve guest complaints and concerns.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
* Skill in cashier operations.
* Skill in guest service techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.