Shuttle Driver (PHX)
|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under director supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Warehouse/Receiving Manager, responsible for driving guests around the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise property.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Answers phone, makes reservations and maintains reservation calendar.
* Schedules arrivals and departures according to time and route schedule.
* Returns calls for group schedules, arranges for arrival and departures.
* Provides courteous guest service and deals effectively with guest problems/complaints.
* Issues complimentary books for shuttle riders.
* Conducts daily safety vehicle inspections and reports any unsafe findings to themanager.
* Protect all vehicle safety equipment, and for providing an environment of cleanliness.
* Provide information regarding the Casino Players Club Program.
* Prepare and maintain shuttle logs and maintenance records.
* Communicate promotional activities at Casino and information regarding table games, slots, the restaurant, entertainment.
* Ensures shuttle is maintained to reflect a clean, professional appearance to all shuttle riders.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus one year shuttle driver experience. Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL driver’s license with P-Endorsement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge and excellent guest service.
* Knowledge of shuttle driving.
* Knowledge of the Phoenix metro area.
* Ability to drive the shuttle vehicle.
* Ability to deal with the public effectively.
* Ability to communicate Casino information.
* Ability to work all hours including weekends and holidays.
* Ability to write and complete inspection reports.
* Must possess a valid CDL Drivers License with P Endorsement.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
* Ability to resolve guest complaints and concerns.
* Skill in guest service techniques.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Records maintenance skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The tam member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The e team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6716