Service Bartender (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Supervisor, maintains efficient and courteous beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guests’ needs, providing knowledgeable, safe drink service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Position works in a restaurant setting serving food and servicing server as a bartender. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Possesses a strong knowledge of spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for training of new team members and bar backs.
* Knows drink prices and follows proper measurement.
* Learns steps of service for food service at bar where available.
* Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age are followed and complies with all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE alcohol controls.
* Computes bills and accepts payments served to guests and beverage servers, must have basic math skills.
* Provides excellent customer service to guests and beverage servers.
* Keeps the casino in a clean and safe environment by continually cleaning the ashtrays, sweeping floors and discarding empty containers.
* Keeps the bar top clean and free of debris.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and company internal controls.
* Serves guests in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
* Responds to guest request.
* Must possess outgoing personality.
* Ability to operate the Point of Sale (POS) cash register.
* Stocks self service station.
* Position requires that standard service techniques and steps of service created for position be learned and must be followed consistently.
* Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
* Knows information regarding all food and beverage outlets and casino promotions and have ability to inform guest when asked.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this job description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Recent experience as a bartender in recognized establishment; or must have successfully completed six months in the TOGE Bar Back position. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge bartending and bar maintenance operations and customer service.
* Knowledge of all bar items and liquors.
* Knowledge of POS systems.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to successfully pass cash handling training
* Ability to service guests in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in Basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to fill requisition for supplies.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
* Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
* Must have a high energy, enthusiastic and motivated personality.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a bar and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts are required. Will work in all venues unless specified by Food & Beverage Management.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 10691