Under direct supervision of the Venue Manager, the Server II maintains efficient and courteous food and beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable Food & Beverage service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow all alcohol beverage and food handling policy guidelines as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents menus, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service to guests.
- Basic knowledge of food, spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
- Provides tray service; large and small trays.
- Ensures buffet line is stacked accordingly with assigned side work duties.
- Polishes silverware, glassware, etc and prepares for use.
- Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service sequence.
- Keeps floors and work area clean.
- Position requires performing Food Running for the restaurant.
- Computes bills and accepts payments served to guests, must have basic math skills, when necessary.
- Effectively operates and enters orders into the POS system with little to no mistakes.
- Ensures all products on thetables are clean, full and ready for guests.
- Receives orders from inventory and stocks.
- Takes orders and may be required to prepare non-alcoholic/alcoholic beverages for guests.
- Learns Title 4/Desert Diamond Casino Alcohol controls and ensures that legal drinking age requirement is followed.
- Provides excellent guest service.
- Completes side work assigned by Venue Manager.
- Operates the POS system.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting table, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
- Maintains a good communication with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Assists in the daily operation of the restaurant in an efficient, cost effective and labor effective manner.
- Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
- Learns and follows steps or service consistently.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws and companies internal controls.
- Serves guest in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Responds to guest requests.
- Must have high energy and motivated personality.
- Ability to operate the POS cash register.
- Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and well serviced.
- Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
- Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
- Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Casino. Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
- Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description.