|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the F&B Supervisor and F&B Front of the House Intern, the Server II maintains efficient and courteous food and beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable food and beverage service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Works efficiently in a team-based environment and must follow Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE Internal Controls (ICs), consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Presents menus, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service to guests.
* Basic knowledge of food, spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails.
* Provides tray service; large and small trays.
* Ensures buffet line is stacked accordingly with assigned side work duties.
* Ensures all products on the tables are clean, full and ready for guests.
* Polishes silverware, glassware, and prepares for use.
* Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service sequence.
* Keeps floors and work area clean.
* Position requires performing food running for the restaurant.
* Computes bills and accepts payments served to guests, must have basic math skills, when necessary.
* Effectively operates and enters orders into the Point of Sale (POS) system with little to no mistakes.
* Receives orders from inventory and stocks.
* Takes orders and may be required to prepare non-alcoholic/alcoholic beverages for guests.
* Learns Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws and Desert Diamond Casino Alcohol controls and ensures that legal drinking age requirement is followed.
* Provides excellent guest service.
* Completes side work assigned by F&B Supervisor and F&B Front of the House Intern.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
* Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following; seating guests, bussing and setting table, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment
* Assists in the daily operation of the restaurant in an efficient, cost effective and labor effective manner.
* Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the Casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
* Learns and follows steps or service consistently
* Adheres to all Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws and TOGE ICs.
* Serves guest in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
* Responds to guest’s requests.
* Must have high energy and a motivated personality
* Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
* Knows information regarding all Food & Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
* Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
* Recognizes that team members have certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the Casino; maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description.
Education and Experience:
High school degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in a restaurant field as front of house staff member; must have related experience in a fast casual dining service setting with POS experience and placing orders. Must be 19 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Ability to learn dining and food maintenance operations and customer service
* Ability to learn up selling, check average, suggestive selling, wine and alcohol.
* Ability to learn and adhere to all Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws regarding alcohol service and assertiveness in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Ability to learn restaurant menu or food items offered, bar items, liquors, and pricing.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS Certification.
* Ability to learn ICs and commitment to follow, consistently
* Ability to successfully pass cash handling training.
* Ability to successfully pass departmental testing for position.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in a bar and casino setting with exposure to secondhand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may also be required.