Server I (West Valley) - Italian/Steak & Seafood
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under the direct supervision of Food & Beverage Supervisor, the Server I maintains efficient and courteous food and beverage operations by greeting guests, anticipating guest’s needs, providing knowledgeable food and beverage service, and providing consistent professional guest relations with a positive upbeat personality. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Presents menus, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service to patrons.
* Possesses a strong knowledge of food, spirits, wine, champagne and cocktails
* Provides a positive and efficient dining experience for guests.
* Provides tray service; large and small trays.
* Provides excellent guest service.
* Relays orders to the cook and serves courses from the kitchen and service bar areas.
* Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service sequence and coursing is properly followed.
* Position requires Server to perform food running for the venues. Keeps floors and work area clean.
* Takes orders and may be required to prepare non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages for guests.
* Serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to casino guests and ensures that legal drinking age is followed and complies with all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and Desert Diamond Casino Alcohol controls.
* Computes bills and accepts payments served to guests, must have basic math skills, when necessary.
* Effectively operates and enters orders into the Point of Sale (POS) system with little to no mistakes.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
* Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting table, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE internal controls.
* Polishes silverware, glassware, and prepares for use.
* Complete side work assigned by Venue Manager.
* Maintains good communication with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
* Assists in the daily operation of the restaurant in an efficient, cost effective and labor effective manner.
* Assists in the training of new team members.
* Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Serves guests in a responsive, caring, prompt, and courteous manner.
* Must have high energy and motivated personality.
* Operates the POS cash register.
* Monitors guests to ensure that they are not intoxicated and proper procedures are followed if intoxication is observed.
* Knows information regarding all Food and Beverage outlets/Casino Promotions and have ability to inform guests when asked.
* Works closely with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of service for our guests.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require team members to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED preferred, plus recent experience in the restaurant field as a server or bartender; restaurant must be considered an upscale dining establishment with alcohol and wine service. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and guest service.
* Knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regarding alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Knowledge of cash handling.
* Knowledge of restaurant menu or food items offered, bar items, liquors, and pricing.
* Knowledge of up selling, check average, suggestive selling, wine and alcohol.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to successfully pass departmental testing for position.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to service customers in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Ability to handle the pressures of multiple tasks while providing excellent guest service.
* Skill in providing excellent customer service.
* Skill in utilizing computer equipment and POS systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Physical stamina and proper attitude to work under pressure at a fast pace are essential.
Work is generally performed in kitchen areas, banquet areas and casino setting with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and a high noise level.
Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work will be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.