Server Assistant (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of Food & Beverage Supervisor, Server Assistant delivers food orders to the guests. Secondary responsibilities include proper maintenance and cleaning of side stations, floors, furniture and performs other duties as assigned. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures the recipe and presentation guidelines are meet or exceed guests’ expectations.
* Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table.
* Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety.
* Meeting special guest requests while ensuring same high quality standards.
* Responsible for training new team members.
* Tends to guests, responds to any additional requests, and is knowledgeable of the service standards and properly followed.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all TOGE, tribal, City, State and Federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE internal controls.
* Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire work area.
* Properly performs all opening, running and closing side work.
* Responsible for properly re-setting dining room tables in accordance with the table top standard.
* Polishes silverware, glassware, and prepares for use.
* Completes side work assigned by Food & Beverage Supervisor.
* Maintains good communication skills with team members and guests and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Recognizes that each team member is a representative of the casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
* Provides a positive dining experience for guests.
* Performs any and all other duties as assigned including, but not limited to the following: seating guests, bussing and setting tables, and keeping the floor clear of debris.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Travel between Desert Diamond Casino properties may be needed.
* Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Casino policy.
* Due to changes and modification in the job from time to time, we require employees to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity; some assignments may not be listed in this description at this time.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED preferred plus some experience in the restaurant, kitchen or dining area field or must have successfully worked as a server assistant or food runner position for six months. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of food service.
* Strong communication skills, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Knowledge in demonstrating outstanding guest service at all times.
* Knowledge in servicing guests in a professional manner; ability to maintain a professional appearance.
* Knowledge of internal controls and commitment to follow, consistently.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to successfully pass Server Assistant Skill Set testing.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in kitchen areas, banquet areas with exposure to heat, cold, fumes, steam, second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.