Senior Slot Tech (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Slot Tech Supervisor, installs, repairs and maintains slot machines for Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains the electronic components, systems, and peripherals of slot machines.
* Maintains an inventory of parts for the slot machines.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Repairs and modifies components, electric systems and peripherals of the slot machines.
* Provides training as needed.
* Oversees team member schedules and adequate staffing.
* Investigates game issues per Tohono O’odham Gaming Office.
* Configures slot and video machines to meet manufacturers and regulatory agency specifications.
* Orders parts for repair of all slot machines.
* Removes, moves, installs and/or upgrades slot machines.
* Assists guests with change or game instructions as requested.
* Monitors and tracks the slot machine malfunctions, the cause and the parts involved.
* Tracks and records all usage and testing.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in electronics or related field plus 2 years of recent Slot Tech experience; or 2 years of recent experience in Casino Leadership with an additional 2 years troubleshooting electronic devices. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and Casino floor operations.
* Knowledge of slot machines and the electronic data system hardware.
* Knowledge of configuration of slot machines.
* Knowledge of testing equipment.
* Knowledge of basic manual hand tool and repair methods.
* Knowledge of electronically mechanical troubleshooting methods and techniques.
* Knowledge of PCB repair.
* Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Skill in customer service.
* Knowledge and experience using a voltmeter and troubleshooting wires as it relates to slot machines.
* Knowledge in electronic systems and electro-mechanical systems.
* Ability to work odd hours and be on call for emergency purposes.
* Ability to read schematics and perform software control of peripherals.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to follow instructions and to abide by department and Casino policies and procedures.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.