Senior Food & Beverage Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Director, responsible for the overall direction of all operations. Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Must have extensive knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law). Works efficiently in a team based environment and must follow Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) alcohol training as well as all TOGE internal controls, consistently.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures all operations meet health and cleanliness standards at all times.
* Purchases nonfood and paper supplies; stores, rotates, takes inventory and prepares supplies for the guests.
* Responsible for the opening and closing of all restaurants and lounges.
* Responsible general operation of kitchens, dining rooms, bar, concession and guest service.
* Responsible for the hiring, firing, scheduling and training of team members. Responsible for all personnel actions and maintenance of personnel files.
* Responsible for weekly time sheets.
* Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Food & Beverage. Ensures that Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld.
* Coordinates needs of operation with the Executive Sous Chef.
* Adheres to all Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) and TOGE internal controls.
* Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns team members specific duties.
* Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares or directs team members, preparing food and beverages.
* Oversees expenditures to ensure that the departments stay within budget.
* Orders merchandise or prepare requisitions to replenish nonfood, beverages and paper goods on hand.
* Conducts and reviews monthly inventory, reports inventory results to Food and Beverage Director along with any transfer documents as needed.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, of the assigned area.
* Directly supervises all team members as needed.
* Conducts training sessions with all team members in the Food and Beverage Department. Provides training on guest service, food and beverage preparation, food service and food sanitation principles.
* Trains all team members on Point of Sale (POS) principles.
* Assists in the operation as needed for all events.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Displays, supports and reinforces Desert Diamond Casino’s Spirit of Service Standards.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree plus 5 years experience bar or restaurant industry, 2 of the 5 years must have been in a managerial capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of food and beverage service standards.
* Knowledge of dining and food maintenance operations and customer service.
* Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
* Knowledge of POS systems.
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Knowledge of food maintenance operations and customer service.
* Knowledge of all menu items.
* Knowledge of food and beverage administration operations.
* Knowledge of bar operations.
* Ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
* Ability to supervise assigned staff.
* Ability to lift heavy objects repeatedly.
* Ability to service guests in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
* Skill in the use of computers, preferable in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand and walk for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, and/or weekends, holidays work is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.