Security Training Coordinator (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Security Director, coordinates the design, delivery and conducts training needs assessments for the security department and team member to include budgetary requirements.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Plans delivers and designs curricula for training programs; researches and defines training and development goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals.
* Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for the security department and team members to include budgetary requirements.
* Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
* Determines formats and approaches to achieve program objectives; defines needs of target populations; researches trends at the national and local level, as appropriate to the position.
* Selects or develops training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference works.
* Coordinates activities of support staff and trainers engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives.
* Coordinates and facilitates program activities, to include classes, trainings, conferences, seminars, and/or other special projects.
* Coordinates classroom schedule and produces calendar of classes as necessary.
* Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
* Reviews trainer performance and recommends improvements to program content and/or trainer presentation methods. Assists in professional development of training professionals.
* Assists in the interview process.
* Maintains and/or develops records of trainings, attendees and files appropriate paperwork as to successful completion of training.
* Develops, expedites, and maintains files, records, and other documents for assigned departments.
* Maintains good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree preferred plus five (5) years operational experience in field of Security and/or Law Enforcement training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) policy and procedures.
* Knowledge of records management.
* Knowledge of teaching and facilitation skills.
* Ability to determine training objectives.
* Organizing and coordinating skills.
* Through Knowledge of the casino and security department’s policy and procedures; with the ability to provide training in these areas.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Database management skills for respective departments.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
* Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in job performance, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and stand. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.