Security Officer EMT (West Valley) (Part Time)
Under direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of the casino’s assets, personnel, guests and all visitors during their assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise assets.
* Responsible for all safety operations for the casino during the entire shift.
* Prepares and submits reports as required, including patrol log.
* Patrols the casino premises and parking areas.
* Patrols the parking area to observe unauthorized persons and remove them from the area if necessary.
* Confers with the on-duty Security Supervisor/Lead Security Officer on any detection of infringements or situations worthy of investigation.
* Circulates amongst patrons to ensure them that you are there for their safety by being visible.
* Cooperates with Law Enforcement Agencies in apprehending anyone involved in criminal activity.
* Provides information and directions to guests.
* Provides First Aid/CPR until advanced care arrives.
* Provides escorts for guests as needed.
* Ensures equipment is clean and in working order and uniforms are clean and complete.
* Ensures compliance with departmental standard operating procedural manuals and casino Policy Manual.
* Ensures departmental daily records are accurate and maintained.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Investigates all reports of accident and injury at the casino and makes findings known to the on-duty Security Supervisor/Lead Security Officer and/or Risk Safety and Workers Compensation Manager for proper documentation.
* Escorts personnel in and out of security areas.
* Escorts money exchanges, fills, credits, payouts to different areas within the casino.
* Maintains good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* May be assigned to work in the Security Dispatch Center at any time.
* Performs opening and closing procedures in the casino areas.
* Performs outstanding internal and external guest service by interacting and assisting guests and team members.
* Performs other duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, plus two (2) years as an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic required. Six (6) months security experience preferred. No arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable for driving. Must be certified in CPR and either certified or licensed as an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), or Paramedic. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, or stealing convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Must maintain an EMT license.
* Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/customer service skills in a casino environment.
* Knowledge of applicable tribal, federal, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of basic computer and keyboarding skills.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format.
* Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
* Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
* Ability to maintain CPR certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to walk and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member occasionally is required to taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass a standard fitness test.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.