Security Investigator (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Security Director, is responsible for the investigation of criminal and non-criminal incidents at Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs investigative activities in order to determine underlying causes, involved parties, property risks/losses, and risks related to erroneous, inappropriate and/or criminal activities occurring on enterprise property.
* Interviews incident participants and witnesses to ascertain time frames and analysis.
* Conducts follow-up investigations on a variety of criminal and non-criminal incidents and makes recommendations for appropriate action to be taken.
* Initiates random investigations of all departments’ accountable for assets and moneys.
* Reviews camera footage and initiates investigations where warranted.
* Constantly observes enterprise environment for indications of inappropriate and/or irregular activities, and takes proper investigative actions when necessary.
* Utilizes fact-based decision making in lieu of opinion, experience, or preference based decision making.
* Assists in surveillance investigations if necessary.
* Prepares documentation of findings and submits with recommendations to the Security Director.
* Develops and maintains filing systems related to pending and completed investigations.
* Coordinates with the Tohono O’odham Nation’s or other law enforcement agencies.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Provides First Aid/CPR until advanced care arrives.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Performs outstanding internal/external guest service.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus three (3) years law enforcement experience with a background in conducting investigations and loss prevention. No arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. Must be 18 years of age or older. Surveillance experience preferred. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/customer service skills in a casino environment.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of basic computer and keyboarding skills.
* Knowledge of investigative techniques.
* Knowledge of basic interviewing techniques.
* Knowledge of general federal, state and Tribal laws and regulations.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format
* Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
* Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
* Ability to pay special attention to details.
* Ability to attend and successfully complete investigation and interviewing course and/or seminar training sessions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to walk and stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member occasionally is required to taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.