Security Dispatch Officer
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, responsible for dispatching Officers as appropriate and monitors radio’s, alarms, and outside cameras via the Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) system during their assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Receives calls concerning crimes, emergencies, and other requests for security assistance; monitors and calls 911 for emergencies.
* Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise assets.
* Monitors fire alarm systems.
* Monitors the internal and external perimeter of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise.
* Monitors cameras and mantraps.
* Broadcasts orders to Security Officers in vicinity to investigate complaint or request when appropriate; relays instructions or questions from remote units.
* Receives calls for escorts from departments, dispatches Security Officer to accommodate.
* Prepares and submits reports as required.
* Confers with Management on any detection of infringements or situations worthy of investigation.
* May be assigned the duties of a Security Officer.
* Ensures compliance with departmental standard operating procedural manuals and casino policy manual.
* Ensures departmental daily records are accurate and maintained.
* Ensure Compliance with all state, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
* Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Provides outstanding internal/external guest service.
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s Internal Controls(IC’s) and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, and no arrests in the past year except minor traffic violations. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft, assault or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/guest service skills in a casino environment.
* Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of basic computer and keyboarding skills.
* Knowledge of radio dispatch regulations, procedures, protocols, and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of fire alarm systems reporting.
* Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format
* Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
* Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
* Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
* Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member occasionally is required to taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass a standard fitness test.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekend, holiday work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.