|Pay Rate|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Sous Chef, provides supervision and coaching to all Lead Cooks, Cooks, and Kitchen Stewards. Assists in all menu creation, labor control, food cost control, scheduling, ordering and procurement of food/product and daily operations of all food venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of assigned food venue or production areas.
- Responsible for quality, cost, waste, and distribution of all foods to all areas.
- Order/procurement of all food and nonfood items.
- Ensures proper delegation of all assignments, tasks and job to employees.
- Ensures that all Tribal, City, State and Federal Health/Food Safety codes are upheld and that all work areas are safe, clean, and professionally kept.
- Provides training to staff members, organizes workloads and directs staff.
- Creates schedules according to venue and business needs and anticipation.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies and service ware.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinates for purposes of job performance,
- counseling, and/or disciplinary action and other supervisory responsibilities.
- Works with the Food & Beverage Department to make sure that all directives are clearly defined and delivered to staff in a timely fashion.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 5 years kitchen experience with at least two years of kitchen management or four years of lead cook/saucier/Chef de Partie experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to take an assessment test to determine skill level; verbal, written and practical. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. Must be 19 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge Culinary methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of operation of food preparation equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of financial reports (General Ledgers, Profit and Loss Statements, Food Cost, etc.).
- Knowledge of menu creation.
- Knowledge of global and local food trends.
- Knowledge in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational skills.
- Knowledge of evaluating staff and writing and communicating clearly defined goals and expectations.
- Knowledge of food ordering and procurement.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read, and write in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced work environment and to perform in a professional appearance manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to supervise/manage assigned staff.
- Ability to be able to successfully handle a multitude of tasks at one time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Restaurant and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke, high noise level, heat, fumes and steam. Evening , graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef.