Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 5 years kitchen experience with at least two years of kitchen management or four years of lead cook/saucier/Chef de Partie experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Must be able to take an assessment test to determine skill level; verbal, written and practical. Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card. Must be 19 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge Culinary methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of operation of food preparation equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of financial reports (General Ledgers, Profit and Loss Statements, Food Cost, etc.).
- Knowledge of menu creation.
- Knowledge of global and local food trends.
- Knowledge in Microsoft word and Excel.
- Knowledge of organizational skills.
- Knowledge of evaluating staff and writing and communicating clearly defined goals and expectations.
- Knowledge of food ordering and procurement.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read, and write in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced work environment and to perform in a professional appearance manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to supervise/manage assigned staff.
- Ability to be able to successfully handle a multitude of tasks at one time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Restaurant and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke, high noise level, heat, fumes and steam. Evening , graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef.