|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Floor Supervisor, cleans rooms and halls in the Hotel.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, towels, linens, amenities and writing supplies.
* Uses chemicals to clean and sanitize the bathroom, sinks, showers, toilets and floors.
* Moves furniture and hangs drapes. .
* Sweeps, vacuums and scrubs guest room floors.
* Vacuums rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
* Dusts furniture, washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
* Empties wastebaskets and cleans ashtrays.
* Replenishes bathroom amenities, replaces drinking glasses with clean and sanitized glasses and replaces light bulbs within bathroom and guest room. Strips and make beds, deep clean rooms and spot clean carpets.
* Cleans coffee maker, and coffee cups replenishes coffee and condiments and replaces coffee cups if broken or cracked.
* Informs supervisor of maintenance requests for any item(s) that need repair.
* Sanitizes telephone, TV remote and other items identified by upper management.
* Ensures security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Six months experience in the Hotel Housekeeping preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
* Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
* Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
* Ability to ensure safety and well being of guests.
* Ability to maintain knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; push and or pull a cart; flip mattresses; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Hotel setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Job involves working with and around chemicals, dust and bio-hazards. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.