Retail Sales Representative (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Retail Supervisor, provides guest service and cultivates guest goodwill to ensure repeat business.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Utilizes good guest service and communications skills while interacting with guests.
* Builds long-term repeat relationships with guests through personal integrity, sales, and product suggestion.
* Assists in loss prevention through awareness, attention to detail, and integrity.
* Assists with monthly inventory.
* Responsible for daily records and the proper handling of cash receipts in the retail store.
* Responsible for operating cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
* Responsible for the overall appearance of the Retail shops.
* Responsible for balancing of cash register receipts at the end of shift.
* Demonstrates knowledge of items for sale and pricing and discounts.
* Assists guests in an efficient and timely manner, ensuring every interaction is positive and professional.
* Applies knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
* Receives product, restocks product practicing product-rotating procedures.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 2 year guest service experience; retail experience preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of basic retail operations and sales.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regarding alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to work all hours, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts are required