Retail Sales Representative (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Retail Manager, oversees the shift operations of the Retail Shops.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Applies fair and consistent supervision.
* Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
* Assists, plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
* Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
* Assists in the hiring process and new team member training.
* Reviews the performance/work of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and departmental policies and procedures.
* Coordinates and shares information with other Retail Supervisors/Managers.
* Responsible for scheduling, recording attendance points, issuing reprimands and team member evaluations.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures all bank work procedures are followed and completed accurately.
* Ensures that all operational information is transferred to the next Supervisor to ensure a seamless transition for guest.
* Approves returns, adjustments, refunds and exchanges if applicable.
* Communicates on a regular basis with the Retail Manager regarding operations.
* Reports any problems to the Retail Manager.
* Arranges for the delivery and/or installation and service of merchandise if required.
* Suggests additional items relating to the merchandise that enhances the value of product to the guest.
* Conducts monthly retail inventory and reviews all Retail reports and makes adjustments if necessary.
* Assures accurate departmental paperwork trails, inventory and maintenance.
* Maintains and enforces departmental policies and procedures.
* Resolves employee and department concerns on outstanding issues.
* Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates team members to achieve peak productivity and performance.
* Handles guest complaints in a professional and positive manner to build guest loyalty.
* Creates an environment that compliments service.
* Develops techniques for reinforcing guest relations.
* Delivers ongoing guest service training to Retail staff.
* Reviews and recommends updates for department policies and procedures.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus three (3) years’ experience in retail sales required; supervisory experience is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
* Knowledge of retail and sales operations.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
* Knowledge of Title 4 (Arizona liquor law) regarding alcohol service and assertive in the enforcement of said alcohol law.
* Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Ability to obtain TIPS certification.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to work with the public and provide an outstanding experience for guests.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Ability to demonstrate and practice outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to work any day, any shift, including holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.