Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required, plus training in low temp refrigeration, both electric and gas commercial kitchen equipment. Must have 4 years of refrigeration repair and troubleshooting experience. Must have an EPA 608 certification. Ability to properly remove, recycle, reinstall or install and log large amounts of refrigerant. Ability to adjust a thermal expansion valve to a desired superheat adjustment. Familiar with a Computerized Maintenance Management System. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, parts, and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of commercial refrigeration and kitchen equipment.
* Knowledge of basic plumbing.
* Knowledge and concepts of electricity and safety practices related to electricity.
* Knowledge and ability to order parts, supplies or service manuals related to equipment or repairs.
* Knowledge of work hazards and safety procedures.
* Knowledge of the use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
* Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
* Knowledge of maintenance and repair in a 24/7 operations.
* Ability to develop maintenance schedules of all commercial equipment and maintain records.
* Ability to adjust expansion valves according to specification and charge system with proper type of refrigerate by pumping the specified amount of refrigerant into the system.
* Knowledge of installing or removing expansion and control valves, using a acetylene/oxygen welding set.
* Ability to reclaim and evacuate a refrigeration system properly without venting Freon into the atmosphere.
* Ability to read blue prints or electrical schematic to troubleshoot effectively.
* Ability to use any electrical testers and interpret readings.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment or other electrical malfunctions.
* Ability to replace electrical wiring or install new wiring.
* Ability to use hand and power tools using prescribed safety procedures.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to diagnose sources of mechanical trouble and provide required services.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
* Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
* Skill in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 ponds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Work may be performed wearing the following: safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.