Purchasing Clerk (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Purchasing Manager, enhances departmental effectiveness back of the house customer service by performing a variety of purchasing related duties and tasks. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Processes purchase orders from requisitions in the financial and purchasing systems as required, providing back up for the Administrative Assistant and Buyers. Provides clerical assistance to the Director as required.
* Assists in distributing uniforms and orders replacements garments to established inventory par levels for all uniformed departments as required.
* Reconciles all company bank statements as well as other credit card statements under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager.
* Prepares Request for Quote (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager.
* Prepares detailed cost analysis spreadsheets in Excel as required for new products quotes/bids and capital projects.
* Establishes and maintains an effective filing and retrieval system for vendor bids and quotes.
* Maintains and operates office machines, equipment, and computers to departmental standards.
* Performs errands as needed.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years’ experience in the following areas: general office/accounting, warehouse/inventory control. Must be able to type at least 35 wpm and demonstrate on a timed test. Must be experienced and pass a basic proficiency test in Word, and Excel. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and including the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of purchasing policies and practices.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and use of equipment.
* Knowledge of Business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to accurately enter data into computer systems.
* Ability to maintain files and records in a structured manner.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Skill in operating business computers, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a high traffic office/warehouse setting with a moderate to high noise level. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.