|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Room Chef. This position entails prepping food items, learning of cooking/baking techniques and theories, placing stock in proper storage areas, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, being an understudy of the cook/pastry cook position and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learns to prepare a variety of foods, quantities, qualities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
- Performs tasks set forth by superiors.
- Performs repetitive tasks.
- Uses and or learns proper knife skills, cooking/baking techniques, cooking/baking methods and terminology.
- Understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
- Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
- Clearly communicates with Lead Pastry Cooks, Lead Cooks, and Room Chefs.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree or GED preferred. Six months in a working kitchen or six months as a Kitchen Steward or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to learn to safely use kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
- Ability to learn safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to be organized and coordinating task amongst co-workers.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
- Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
- Knowledge of metric/standard measurements.
- Ability to learn culinary methods, techniques and principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The employee occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food & Beverage Management.