|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Poker Floor Supervisor, provides a warm friendly immediate greeting to guests. Seats, and sells chips to players.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Greets and seats guests.
* Take names on waiting list.
* Observe tables and clean as necessary to keep table in a clean, orderly fashion.
* Cleans and organizes host area.
* Answers phone and answers questions concerning Poker room.
* Interacts with guests to help ensure a positive gaming experience.
* Sells and delivers chips to guests.
* Refills table banks at the request of the Table Games Supervisor or Poker Dealer.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus prior experience in a Poker room preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of Poker techniques.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of guest service procedures.
* Ability to make financial transactions quickly and accurately.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.