Poker Floor Supervisor (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Poker Assistant Shift Manager, monitors Poker tables, Dealers, and all non-department personnel coming in contact with the Poker tables on assigned shifts.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Observes games in progress for possible irregularities in player/dealer conduct.
* Follows policies and procedures when opening or closing games.
* Follows all casino and poker policies and procedures.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures Poker Dealer procedures are being adhered to.
* Ensures the integrity of all games.
* Ensures dealer quality and efficiency to increase cost effectiveness.
* Ensures safeguarding of all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) assets.
* Ensures team member awareness of internal controls.
* Ensures casino/departmental policies and procedures are followed.
* Ensures guests are having a positive gaming experience and that their needs are being met.
* Responsible for starting games, tracking team member hours and rotations, making table decisions and running promotions.
* Evaluates all Dealers to increase skill level.
* Informs Poker Assistant Shift Manager of any deviation from standard dealing procedures.
* Renders impartial decisions using all available means, Dealer/player, information and surveillance.
* Must be able to identify guests whose play may be developed further and assist in that development by effective communication with Poker management and other departments by taking an active role in extending Outstanding Guest Service to that guest.
* Notifies the Poker Assistant Shift Manager immediately when a guest is dissatisfied with a decision.
* Relays pertinent information regarding daily business to incoming Poker Floor Supervisor and Poker Assistant Shift Manager at shift change.
* Completes required administrative paperwork.
* Demonstrates good team member and guest relations.
* Demonstrate Desert Diamond Casino "On Brand" attitude towards team members & guest at all times.
* Observes all live games continually.
* Responds to guest’s requests and needs.
* Greets guests and maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere.
* Maintains player tracking log and comp log.
* Assists in cleaning and maintenance of poker area.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two (2) years dealing experience, one (1) of the two (2) years must have been in a supervisory role in Poker. Candidate must pass a basic math test, and may be required to pass a Guest Service Assessment. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and guest service.
* Knowledge of procedures and poker floor operations.
* Knowledge of dealing card games.
* Knowledge of poker games.
* Skill in guest service, human relations and supervision of assigned staff.
* Skill in dealing Poker.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to respond to visual and auditory cues.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.