Poker Dealer (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Poker Floor Supervisor, deals Poker to guests on assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides a friendly, fun, harmonious atmosphere for guests.
* Demonstrates strong knowledge of poker and have the ability to control games.
* Complies with department, casino, gaming regulatory policies, procedures, and internal controls.
* Ensures game protection and game pace for all guests and ensure payouts are made quickly and accurately.
* Deals live poker games, reads winning hand, awards pot.
* Begins dealer rotation in complete uniform and good personal hygiene.
* Safeguards company assets.
* Runs the podium in the absence of the Host or runner.
* Sweeps the Poker Room after push.
* Attends regular scheduled staff meetings.
* Responds to guest’s requests.
* Assists in cleaning and maintenance of Poker areas.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED, must successfully pass dealing audition. Must demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Candidate must pass a basic math test, and may be required to pass a Guest Service Assessment. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming a license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Extensive Knowledge and practice of all Title 31 requirements.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
* Knowledge and understanding of the game of Poker.
* Knowledge in dealing card games.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to work overtime when needed.
* Skill in dealing Seven Card Stud, Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and other Poker games.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to stand and walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The team member must be able to spend a significant amount of time twisting and turning with upper extremities extended across gaming table.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.