Player Development Representative (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Executive Casino Host & Executive Casino Host (Latin Market), elevates the level of guest service within the casino by raising the level of awareness for all specials, promotions, and assisting guests in the player lounge or providing services on the casino floor.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides excellent guest service and communications skills while dealing with patrons.
* Personally greets, by name if possible, guests of the casino. Verbalizes to guests the Players Club offers, all promotions, events, and food & beverage specials.
* Assists guests whenever necessary, including giving directions, explaining how to use coupons or how to play the slot/video machines.
* Responsible for daily records and the proper handling of receipts in the Premium Player Lounge.
* Addresses and facilitates all challenging guest interactions and escalates mid to high end guest disputes to the Executive Casino Host, Executive Casino Host (Latin Market), Player Development Manager, and/ or Manager on Duty.
* Assists guests in an efficient and timely manner.
* Operates computer, office machines and is familiar with policies and procedures of the equipment.
* Receives product, restocks product, and practicing of product-rotating procedures.
* Responsible for a clean work area during the team member’s shift.
* May perform ticket distribution.
* Responsible for player lounge cleanliness.
* Understands and follows casino and departmental policies and procedures.
* May make public announcements pertaining to any special activities or promotions.
* Explains to guests how to obtain and/or use their Players Club Cards.
* Asks guests to fill out Guest Comment Cards as necessary.
* Responsible for enrolling guests for the Players Club.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Experience in guest service, special events, promotions and or cash handling preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a guest service oriented environment.
* Knowledge of computer utilization in marketing/business operations.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to work all hours, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk, climb and balance. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.