Player Development Manager (West Valley)
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Director of Player Development, the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Player Development Manager is responsible for leading a team of Casino Hosts and Executive Casino Hosts in building relationships, promoting Desert Diamond Casinos, and providing the ultimate guest service experience for our guests. The Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Player Development Manager is responsible for growing Desert Diamond’s customer database of hosted players through one-on-one interactions with our guests. The Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Player Development Manager will work in coordination with the Director of Player Development, Marketing, Slots, F&B and other departments to develop, implement and monitor the annual business plan in order to achieve planned revenue and profits. The Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Player Develop Manager will schedule, supervise, direct and train the Player Development department staff.
This list of responsibilities and duties is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
* Responsible for overall operations and administration of the Player Development department.
* Responsible for completing performance evaluations, training, coaching and mentoring Player Development staff.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate and thorough Player Development records and reports.
* Responsible for the delivery of amenities to high-end level guests in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Responsible for generating and achieving specific revenue goals by developing new and existing high-end play.
* Ensure Compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
* Ensure all hosted guests stay well informed of all special events, promotion and entertainment, that are taking place within the properties through direct mail, social media, and telemarketing.
* Ensures appropriate departmental staffing levels by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating Casino Hosts.
* Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction with high-end guests is achieved and maintained.
* Assists with development and implementation of special events and promotions and ensure that hosts are scheduled properly to meet the increased business demands.
* Assists in creation of action plans and goals of the department.
* Assists in developing and adhering to operating budgets. Analyze from a Player Development perspective, all special events, promotions and entertainment with regards to their effectiveness.
* Assists in developing and implementing special property events for player development.
* Communicates Player Development information effectively with all departments.
* Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
* Maintains an adequate stock of supplies for use in the Player Development areas.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the player development area by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings.
* Decides the final outcome of guest disputes involving complimentaries in the event that a Manager on Duty cannot reach an appropriate resolution.
* Attends Marketing meetings as a source of knowledge concerning the participation of Player Development team members in up-coming promotions.
* Develops new premium players by identifying their interests and encouraging a higher number of return trips through, player events, personalized notes, follow-up phone calls, etc.
* Always maintain strict confidentiality of the guest information.
* Contributing to a team effort.
* Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s Internal Controls (ICs) and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
* Performing other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field plus 4 years as a Casino Host, plus 1 year supervision experience in a gaming environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Demonstrated knowledge of player development principles and practices.
* Strong leadership skills and guest service orientation.
* Strong computer skills to include effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, player rating systems, and database analysis.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations, promotions, and marketing in a customer service oriented environment.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
* Ability to write reports and business correspondence and speak effectively to the public, team members and guests.
* Ability to supervise assigned staff.
* Ability to identify and define guest service problems, make decisions and successfully cope with challenging situations and conditions.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with team members and the general public.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
* Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
* Skill in communication.
* Skill in interpersonal relations.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.